- Our Capabilities
- Specialty Builders
- Analysis and Properties
- Mechanical/Thermal Properties
- Phonon - Thermodynamic Properties
- Transition State Search
- P3C Polymer Property Prediction using Correlations
- LAMMPS-Thermal conductivity
- Embedded Atom Potentials
- MedeA Surface Tension
- Compute Engines
- Climbing Length Scales
- Application Notes
- Atomistic Simulations of Multi-Phase Systems
- MedeA ICME seminar
- Users Group Meeting 2015
Users' Group Meeting in San Francisco
Where: Mark Hopkins, San Francisco
When: Oct 23-25, 2012
Join us this year in San Francisco at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins for our annual MedeA® Users Group Meeting.
We'll kick off with hands-on training all day on October 23rd for any customers who would like to participate, and hold a reception in the evening. The technical presentations and discussion sessions will be held on October 24th and 25th with a banquet on October 24th.
Materials Design® has reserved a block of rooms at $209 (not including taxes and fees) per night. Customers pay only for their rooms. Materials Design® will cover breakfast, breaks and lunch Tuesday through Thursday, plus a light dinner on Tuesday and the banquet Wednesday night. Click here for your hotel reservation.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
- 08:00 - Hands-on Software Training
- 10:00 - Morning Coffee Break
- 10:15 - Hands-on Software Training
- 12:00 - Lunch Break
- 13:30 - Hands-on Software Training
- 17:00 - End of Training
- 18:00 - Cocktail and Hors D'oeuvres reception at the breathtaking Top of the Mark.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
- 08:00 - Paul Saxe, Materials Design
Opening Remarks: Materials properties from MedeA®: Recent Developments, New Capabilities and Perspectives.
- 08:40 - Stefan Müller, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg - From Electronics Structure to Real Materials Properties via the Cluster Expansion Method: Concept and Realization
- 09:20 - Nirpendra Singh, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) - Nanomaterials for Energy Applications
- 10:00 - Greg Scantlen, Creative Consultants - Computational hardware - An Introduction to the Local Setup.
- 10:10 - Coffee Break
- 10:30 - Brooke Hatfield, Raytheon Missile Systems - Title to be Announced.
- 11:10 - Jimmy Stewart, Developer of MOPAC - New Developments and Applications of MOPAC.
- 11:50 - Aidan Thompson, Sandia National Laboratory - LAMMPS: Overview and Advanced Interatomic Potentials.
- 12:30 - Lunch Break.
- 14:00 - Robert Dutton, Stanford University - Trends in the Electronics Industry and the Combination of TCAD with Atomistic Similation.
- 14:40 - Dmitri Kilin, University of South Dakota - Dynamics of Charge Transfer at the p-n Junction.
- 15:20 - Coffee Break.
- 15:40 - Volker Eyert, Materials Design - Band Structure Engineering, Effective Masses and Electron Transport.
- 16:20 - David Rigby, Materials Design - A Reassessment of the Precision and Accuracy of Atomistic Calculations of the Elastic Constants of Amorphous Engineering-Polymer Glasses
- 16:40 - Clive Freeman, Materials Design - Li Diffusion in Battery Materials: Combining ab initio and Forcefield Methods
- 17:10 - End of Scientific Program.
- 18:00 - Annual MedeA Users Banquet at Tommy Toy's Legendary Cuisine Chinoise.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
- 08:00 - Georg Kresse, Universität Wien - morphous a-Si₃N₄₋ₓHy and crystalline Si/a-Si₃N₄₋ₓHy interfaces
- 09:00 - Walter Wolf, Materials Design - MedeA 2.12 and VASP with New Potentials
- 09:20 - Xavier Rozanska, Materials Design - Reactions in Zeolites
- 09:40 - Marianna Yiannourakou, Materials Design - Adsorption and Diffusion in Zeolites and Amorphous Materials.
- 10:00 - Coffee Break
- 10:20 - Paul Saxe, Materials Design -
MedeA Development Session.
- 12:00 - End of Product & Research Overview
What to Expect:
Receive valuable training at our hands-on training workshops and from the in-depth talks presented by experienced MedeA®users and the Materials Design Team.
Meet with colleagues from across the world and share your passion for materials science and the field’s most fascinating challenges.
Interact with the developers and scientists who are continually expanding the capabilities of MedeA®. We want to hear your ideas on how we may improve MedeA®and what features we can add that will allow you to work more effectively.
Comments from previous attendees
"Interactions with Materials Design® are rewarding because of their expertise and insight. But being a part of their meetings is worthwhile most of all because of their professionalism.” Dr. Micah Hackett, TerraPower
Publish while:2012 Aug 9 - 12 - 2012 Oct 26 - 12
News & Views
Erich Wimmer will give an invited talk at this year's MRS in Boston Nov 27-Dec 2, 2016
Our thoughts and prayers are with a valued colleague's family
This year's UGM was held in Seattle, Washington
Oct 12, 14 and 20, 2016.
Oct 4-6, 2016 - Seattle, WA
Aug 25 - Sep 9, 2016
Amorphous Materials Builder, HT Launchpad, VASPsol
Three different times on April 5th, 6th and 7th
Feb 23-24, San Jose, CA