- Our Capabilities
- Property Packages
- Modeling and Analysis
- Application Notes
- Users Group Meeting 2014
- Users Group Meeting 2013
- Users Group Meeting 2012
Users Group Meeting 2011
Users Group Meeting 2011
Nov 2-4, 2011 Boston, MA
Each year Materials Design® invites customers to 3 days of training, scientific, and technical exchange in the form of a user group meeting (UGM). This year we met (after a mighty Nor'easter) in the friendly and historic city of Boston.
Customers, Materials Design®, and MedeA alike benefit greatly from the UGM. These interactions help us focus on science and the technical details needed to obtain high quality results with VASP, LAMMPS, MOPAC, and Gibbs.
The training workshop focused on the many new features of MedeA®, and in particular:
- Getting more information from Databases and Phase diagrams
- From simple to "realistic" structures: disorder, defects,
- Flowcharts to cut straight to science and property prediction with VASP, LAMMPS, MOPAC, and Gibbs. Switching between different projects.
- Tips, Tricks, and Tools for creating models: solids, alloys, surfaces, molecules, nano particles and blending such objects together
- Nanoparticles and thermal conductivity
- Nanoelectronic device simulation on SiC - showcasing the capabilities of VASP5 and the powerful analytical tools in MedeA
The scientific presentations focused on topical issues including:
- Catalysis and how to maximize the performance precious metals with nano particles
- Better understanding (and suppression) of Sn whisker growth in satellites, where repair is not an option
- Long term reliability: predictions for materials in nuclear applications
- Testing the limits: metal deformation under shockwaves
- Basic assumptions: when does isotropic start for a material with a finite grain size?
We have summarized here the meeting agenda and provided links to selected presentations (for customers with accounts on this site). If you have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
MedeA Training Workshop Handouts
Molecular Dynamics Modeling via LAMMPS: Capabilities and Future Plans
Embedded Atom Method Simulations using MedeA® and LAMMPS
Material Behavior at Extremes: Spallation of Cu-Nb Nanoscale Layered Composites using LAMMPS
Using MedeA/VASP to Better Understand Fuel-Clad Chemical Interaction.
Tuning the Oxygen Reduction Activity with Size and Shape Controlled Nano Particles
Role of alloying elements in Fe-Cr Phase Separation
New Perspectives on Tin Whiskers based on Atomistic Modeling
Isotropic Limits of Cemented Carbide: Isotropy from Anisotropy
Density Functional Theory with Atom-Probe Tomography for Studying Atomistic-Level Phenomena in Solids
VASP: Recent advances and new developments
Development in Solids Simulation
Developments in Fluids Simulation
Developments in Polymer Simulation
Samuel Sanderson and the American Revolutionary War
Full Text and Download
You can download (most) of the presentations and publications.