- Our Capabilities
- Specialty Builders
- Analysis and Properties
- Mechanical/Thermal Properties
- Phonon - Thermodynamic Properties
- Transition State Search
- P3C Polymer Property Prediction using Correlations
- LAMMPS-Thermal conductivity
- Embedded Atom Potentials
- MedeA Surface Tension
- Compute Engines
- Climbing Length Scales
- Application Notes
- Atomistic Simulations of Multi-Phase Systems
- MedeA ICME seminar
- Users Group Meeting 2015
Magnetic Moment of Iron
Ferromagnetism has its quantum mechanic origin in the difference of spin-up and spin-down
electron densities. It is driven by a balance between a gain in exchange energy due to larger spin-
polarization and a loss in Coulomb repulsion and kinetic energy of the electron system.
Spin-density functional theory is able to predict magnetic moments with astounding accuracy.
The present case illustrates this capability for bulk iron.